This teriyaki salmon rice bowl is the perfect weeknight dinner and a must have weight-loss recipe. Why bother with weight loss pills or dietary supplements when the answer is staring you right in the “plate”.
Menu – Teriyaki Salmon Rice Bowl
(CARB-34g / FAT-13g / FIB-3g / SUG-10g / PROT-25g)
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 12oz salmon fillets
- 1 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 12oz asparagus
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 avocado (optional)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 450F. Prepare rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, cut salmon into four equal pieces and place in a bowl and cover with teriyaki sauce.
- Prepare the asparagus by removing woody ends and chop into 1-inch pieces. Toss with olive oil and season with salt (in moderation) and pepper.
- Place the marinated salmon skin side down and asparagus onto a lined baking sheet and bake until cooked through and the asparagus is tender. Roughly 12 minutes.
- Divide rice evenly into bowls and top with asparagus and salmon. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced avocado. Enjoy!