Skipping carbs just got easier with this butternut squash noodles recipe bathed in the nutty flavor of this classic Italian brown butter sauce.
Menu – Butternut Squash Noodles with Brown Butter and Sage
(CARB-0g / FAT-31g / FIB-0g / SUG-0g / PROT-1g)
- 2 (16oz) of butternut squash noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Arrange the noodles on a large backing sheet and toss with olive oil. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice the butter into large chunks and melt over low heat in a heavy bottom skillet, whisking constantly, about 8 minutes. The butter will foam and go from lemon-yellow to a golden brown with brown specks. Add the sage and turn off the heat. Let sit in the skillet for about a minute.
- Remove noodles from oven and toss gently into the butter sauce. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper to taste. Divide among 4 bowl and finish with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!!