Delicious low carb, keto-friendly breakfast bacon muffins are easy to make, packed with protein, and more than travel friendly since they taste just as good when cold.
Menu – Bacon Breakfast Muffins
(CARB-2.9g / FAT-6.6g / FIB-4g / SUG-1.1g / PROT-8.4g)
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (a lower fat one will work fine, too)
- 12 slices fully bacon
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces broccoli*
- 2 ounces mushrooms*
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
*If you don’t like broccoli or mushrooms, simply use whatever you want!
What to do:
- Mix together your whole eggs, egg whites, and heavy cream.
- Take out a muffin pan, coat it with non-stick, low calorie cooking spray and add one slice of bacon to each spot, making sure to roll them up so they fit perfectly around the edges of the pan.
- Cook (you can microwave if it’s more convenient) whatever vegetables you’re using and evenly distribute them into your spots.
- Top your vegetables with your cheese.
- Pour your mix in then sprinkle a little more cheese and some dill weed, or any other kind of seasoning you like.
- Bake them on 350F/176C for around 15-20 minutes and enjoy!