Cheesy eggs and seasonal asparagus combine in this frittata to give you the perfect healthy brunch anytime and every time.
Menu – Asparagus Frittata
(CARB-5g / FAT-20g / FIB-1g / SUG-3g / PROT-20g)
- 1 1/2 (12oz) pkgs asparagus
- 2 shallots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
What to do:
- Trim the asparagus, removing the thick and woody ends. Cut the asparagus in half and dice the shallots. Heat the oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet. Sauté the asparagus bottoms and shallots until the asparagus blistered and shallots are translucent, 5 minutes. Season with salt (in moderation) and pepper.
- While asparagus cooks, whisk the eggs and milk together in a large bowl. Pour the egg over the asparagus-shallot mixture and reduce heat to low. Place asparagus tops around the frittata like spokes on a wheel. Top with the Gruyere cheese.
- Cover the skillet and cook until eggs are cooked through (15 minutes average). Flip frittata onto a large plate and cut into slices.
Final touch (optional):
- Garnish with parsley and grated Parmesan cheese